Sunday 10 June 2012

Follow Maungaraki School on Twitter...

I recently heard several principals from Christchurch, sharing their experiences following the earthquakes last year. They spoke about the difficulty of communicating with families when there was little power to run computers or land lines and the most reliable tool was the mobile networks. Schools that had already established Twitter connections with their families found they had a head start in that they were not dependent on power to send or receive emails or use bulk txt features on computers. Twitter proved to be the fastest and most reliable tool for some schools to communicate information with families immediately after and in the days and weeks following the quake.

They have found that since things have returned to 'normal' they have continued using Twitter for all sorts of quick updates and reminders... We would love to get Twitter up and running as a tool to communicate with you. Please register if you haven't already, and follow us:

@maungarakisch

NB: I've tried to embed a fancy "follow me on twitter" button into my blog... to make it easy for you, but technology is not working with me on this one ... Oh well - one step at  time! ... (and if you think you may be able to help me out, please pop in to give me a lesson).

No comments:

Post a Comment